Adjustable, comfortable, resistant – glasses frames must fulfil many requirements. Here, the choice of a suitable material plays an essential role. In addition, the frame should also satisfy any aesthetic requirements.
With the manufacturing of Filtral sunglasses and reading glasses, we distinguish between two groups of frame materials.
- Made from polycarbonate (PC), for example
- Highly resistant
- Wide variety of designs available as more striking frame shapes can be made using injection moulding processes
- Nickel silver (copper-nickel-zinc alloy): high corrosion resistance, strength, good workability, high elasticity
- Stainless steel: high stability and corrosion resistance, good skin compatibility, good malleability and adjustability, coating available in many colour variants
- Hard brass (copper alloy)
- Movable nose pads
- Spring hinges (Twinflex)
- Breaking resistance/stability
Here you can find more information about quality at FILTRAL: