Adjustable, comfortable, resistant – glasses frames must fulfil many requirements. Here, the choice of a suitable material plays an essential role. In addition, the frame should also satisfy any aesthetic requirements.
With the manufacturing of Filtral sunglasses and reading glasses, we distinguish between two groups of frame materials.
- Made from polycarbonate (PC), for example
- Highly resistant
- Wide variety of designs available as more striking frame shapes can be made using injection moulding processes
- Nickel silver (Copper-Nickel-Zinc alloy):
High corrosion resistance, strong, good workability, high elasticity, good adjustability, silvery appearance
- Stainless Steel:
High stability and corrosion resistance, good skin compatibility, good malleability and adjustability, can be coated in a range of colours
- Hard brass (Copper alloy)
Improved wearing comfort thanks to
- Moveable nose pads
- Spring hinges (Twinflex)
- Breaking resistance/stability